Things to Look for When Choosing a Backpack
There are certain things to look for when choosing a backpack. When you’re ready to upgrade your look, it can be helpful to choose a backpack that works with your style and will also last for a while.
Sure, you can invest in the most well-designed backpack on the market and be sure it’s going to last you years. But for that type of investment, it’s important to understand what it takes to choose one that will last.
There are certain things to look for when choosing a backpack, according to Ellen Hendriksen, senior vice president of merchandising at Macy’s.
Before you start your search, consider what’s important to you:
This is the most important thing to consider when looking for a good backpack. First, determine whether the material is made from high-quality materials that will make it last a long time, according to Hendriksen.
If you’re in the market for a backpack for a fashionista, consider a fabric that has silk, metallic, or shearling textures, which can help it stand out and add texture to your outfit.
A classic design
You don’t want to go for a look that’s trendy but won’t last.
Another important point is to avoid trendy designs that look like they belong on a 16-year-old.
“A high-end backpack is definitely the way to go. Designers know that a good backpack will last longer,” Hendriksen says.
“If you’re on a budget, look for a backpack that’s made from high-quality materials and that doesn’t feel flimsy, light or cheap,” says Hendriksen.
Try not to go for a pack with zippers that open and close too fast, for example. If they’re too loose, it might not hold everything you need for the day.
Look for solid stitching, durable materials, and a solid base that won’t bend and creak.
Hendriksen recommends looking for a backpack that fits you really well and comes with a solid base, which provides a more stable hold. “Leaning forward to try to put your bag on your back can end up binding the straps together, making it uncomfortable to use,” she says.
Dress it up
When you’re going on a trip or heading to an event, try to add some accessories with your backpack.
For instance, adding a keychain or a hat can add a pop of color. Accessories with logos can help you stand out, but make sure they’re not so bright they can be distracting.
Expect the Unexpected When Choosing a Backpack
“Most people forget to pay attention to what they pack in their bags. So make sure you check to make sure that your backpack has a sturdy base and is padded,” Hendriksen says.
The good thing about this is that this should only be a one-time expense.
When shopping for a backpack, it’s important to make sure it’s sturdy. You might think you can buy a cheap backpack off the internet, but you’ll be surprised by how quickly a bad one wears out.
Shopping for a backpack can be intimidating, but the key to finding one that suits your style and lasts is to focus on the things you want the most.
We have employed artificial intelligence to compare the best selling laptop backpacks on Amazon. We have analyzed the most helpful comments and generated a keyword map an overall star rating, and much more. Check it out below
Laptop Backpack, Business Water Resistant Laptops Backpack Gift for Men Women with Lock and USB Charging Port, Mancro Anti Theft College School Bookbag
- Mancro Laptop Backpack has a total of more than 12 compartments that lets you keep your stuff organized.
- Made of high quality polyester fabric, water resistant. Guaranteed a durable and long-lasting usage from Mancro.
- Anti-Theft backpack, came with a lock that you can protect your valuable item from thieves.
- Equipped with a external USB charger and built-in charging cable inside, convenient to charge your electronic device while walking via connecting your power bank.
Durable 50L Laptop Backpack Travel Backpack College Bookbag with USB Charging Port fit 17 Inch Laptops for Men Women
- SHRRADOO Backpack is an extra-large detachable backpack with 20 independent pockets which can give you a lot of space. Three spacious compartments with many hidden parts for daily necessities.
- 19.5 x 15 x 11 inches and a total volume of 50L. Multifunctional, perfect for business, for school, for travelling and camping. You can use it everywhere.
- TSA designed can quickly open the backpack 90-180 degrees to scan when passing the airport security, which can ensure that your items are not messy.
- With built-in USB port outside and built-in charging cable inside, which makes it suitable to charge your phone while walking & travelling.
15 Laptop Backpack for Women, RFID Anti-Theft Business Travel Backpack with USB Charging Port, Water Resistant Slim College School Computer Bag for Girls
- Ytonet Backpack designed for Women. One large compartment for your laptops up to 15.6 inch. A total of 15 pockets, suitable for your wallet, books, clothes, phone & charger.
- Provides an advanced RFID security technology to block electronic signals up to 13.56 MHz or higher. Protects your valuable information including your passport, credit & debit cards etc.
- USB charging backpack with an external USB cable offer you a more convenient way to handily charge your phone with a power bank (power bank is not included).
- A luggage strap in its back allows fit on suitcase, slide over the luggage upright handle tube for easier carrying.
Learn more about choosing a backpack at our website!